We offer a competitive Intern Program that gives individuals the chance to work for a well respected department that opens the door to many different opportunities in the Fire Service. Each fire season, multiple Intern Firefighters are hired with CAL FIRE as well as other departments which creates a regular need to fill positions on shifts. Intern Firefighters work a 48/96 schedule assigned to one of three shifts and are paid a monthly stipend. Daily training and the opportunity to run a number of different call types allows for a diverse experience for each of our Intern Firefighters.
Requirements to become an Intern Firefighter are:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Be enrolled in or have completed a Fire Academy
- Be able to pass a physical agility test
- Have a valid California Driver's License
- Possess a current CPR card and be enrolled in or have completed EMR
- Two eight (8) hour ride alongs and one twenty-four (24) hour ride along
Applications can be picked up at the Fire Station located at 18690 Main St., Tuolumne, CA 95379.